Monday, February 15, 2010

Can A Thyroglossal Duct Cyst Cause Reflux In Adults How Long Till Your Throat Stops Hurting After Surgery?

How long till your throat stops hurting after surgery? - can a thyroglossal duct cyst cause reflux in adults

I just had surgery Monday to remove a cyst Thyroglossal duct. After the surgery I had pain in the neck through the tube into the throat. (Of course, I am suffering from pain on the outside), but I wonder how long it will stop inside for the pain to, because I'm not prepared. Today is Thursday, and it still feels as if there is a little stronger in my throat, which leads me try to "clean up" the throat and cough, but it was in my throat, and now he is tickled and felt as if something out drinking when I do. My voice was hoarse when I talk for more than a few minutes. I think my question is: Is this normal, how long it takes, there's nothing I can do to speed up the healing process? It seems very strange thatNeck pain is worse than my neck, where I the operation??

1 comment:

sam_of_l... said...

Not much can be done outside a hospital. You can take anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen or acetaminophen. That can help but not solve the problem.

In a medical center, the most a spray of cold and / or nebulized lidocaine would numb (to the pain and inflammation). Moreover, it is a time of waiting, as the affected area is below the vocal cords.

I know this is easier said than done, but actually makes the cough worse ... and should be avoided.

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2009 Pda cover fluorescent | Template design by designewb. Premium Wp Themes | Premium Wp Themes | Icon Sets | Free Blogger Templates | Free Blogger Templates | Blogger Templates by Blogger Templates and Blogger Templates